The Big Boys Curry Book
Alle Chutney, Ginger Chutney
This is a South Indian chutney and is best made a few hours before needed.
- 50g fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 green chillies, chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 6 curry leaves
- 3/4 tsp. mustard seed
- 2 dry red chillies
- Beat all relish ingredients together and put into serving bowl.
- Heat oil, add Tarka ingredients.
- When mustard starts to crackle, remove oil from heat, cool slightly and pour over yoghurt mixture.
- Allow relish to cool in fridge before serving.