The Big Boys Curry Book
Fresh Coriander Relish, Dhania Patha Relish
I really like this one with vegetarian meals. The strong sharp flavour of coriander (cilantro) complements well. You can make this in batches and freeze it.
- 250g fresh coriander (leaves and stems), washed and dried
- 3 green chillies
- 1/2 fresh coconut
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, chopped
- Juice 1 lime or lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbspn. oil
- Pinch asafeotida
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 4 chopped curry leaves
- Make sure coriander is thoroughly washed and dried. Use a salad spinner to dry if available.
- Place all relish ingredients into food processor and mulch.
- Put relish into serving dish.
- Heat Tarka ingredients together until mustard seeds crackle, allow to cool slightly and pour over relish and mix.
- Allow relish to cool before serving.