The Big Boys Curry Book
Another popular snack. Variations of this are found in many bars and small cafes across the sub continent. It uses boiled chicken. This comes about for two reasons. First, it means that cheaper, tougher birds can used and secondly it is easier to keep cooked chicken in a fast food place. In a variation of this recipe for garlic lovers, use 5 cloves of garlic and 1/2 inch of ginger to give a Garlic Chicken. Quantities are for 4 for a small snack.
- 1/2 kg cold chicken off the bone, boiled and shredded coarsely
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala - Hot Spice blend
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 inch fresh ginger, chopped and crushed.
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli powder
- Pinch red food colouring
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 50 gr. good yoghurt
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Fry onion until transparent
- Add marinade and fry until dry on a low flame, stirring continuously.
- Serve on plates and garnish.