The Big Boys Curry Book
Goan Chicken And Tomato
This is another of my own recipes using the Recheade Masala. Serve with a green salad and perhaps some crusty bread. The measures are a per person basis.
- 1 Chicken breast.
- 1/2 tbsp Recheade Masala (Goan Spice Paste)
- 1/2 garlic clove, sliced thinly into flakes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- A little olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Score the chicken lightly and rub some masala into the meat with the back of a spoon. Leave at room temperature for 1 or 2 hours, (cover if flies or cats are a problem.)
- Heat a little oil and gently fry the garlic flakes until golden but not burnt. Take garlic flakes and dry on kitchen paper.
- Put chicken breasts into pan and arrange tomatoes around, cut side down.
- Cook chicken gently until cooked, turning at least twice, but do not disturb the tomatoes.
- To serve, place chicken piece on plate and arrange tomatoes around.
- Crush the fried garlic and sprinkle onto chicken.
- Garnish with the chopped oregano.