The Big Boys Curry Book
This is another great BBQ dish that came to my attention at a mate's party. It's green when raw because of the coriander leaf. This turns to a golden brown when cooked but I had to call it something! Use the best quality lamb chops you can get for this and do not be too surprised if you end up thinking you haven't made enough. Last time I made this, three adults got through 1/2 kilo of chops a piece in addition to some tandoori sardine and garlic potatoes and usual trimmings. But then that's why this is the Big Boys Curry Book!!
- 2lbs lamb chops, cut off fat layer if prefered.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped.
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground red chilli
- 225gr good yoghurt.
- Salt to taste
- Puree all the ingredients (except meat) together
- Marinade meat in yoghurt for minimum of 1 hour, preferably for 3.
- Grill on BBQ until cooked to liking.