The Big Boys Curry Book
Green Vegetable Fry
This is one of my own and reflects a taste for sharp flavours that seem to go well set against rich or creamy curries. And there are those gooseberries again! It's green because of the vegetables and the use of the Green Curry Masala. This is for two people as a side dish. Scale up or down as required.
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 1 small onion sliced into flakes
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2-4 green chillies chopped
- 150g frozen minted peas, defrosted
- 12 ripe gooseberries, stalk removed but left whole.
- 8 curry leaves chopped
- 1 heaped tsp. Green Curry Masala
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Heat oil until smoking in a wok and add mustard seed. Reduce heat and cover until seed stops popping.
- Fry onion until light brown.
- Add Green Curry Masala and fry hard, constantly stirring for up to a minute to drive off the vinegar.
- Add rest of ingredients except coriander and stir fry over medium heat until vegetables just start to soften.
- Add coriander, stir and serve.