The Big Boys Curry Book
This is the classic Muslim accompaniment that is typically served (usually in a bastardized form,) with papadoms in Indian restaurants across Britain. If you want to be a little different for a starter simply spoon some of this onto a nice fresh papadom with a little salad: instant Papad Masala. Make this fresh each time you need it as it does not keep.
- 1 large red onion, chopped fine.
- 2 small firm tomatoes, desseded and chopped fine.
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and chopped fine.
- 1/2 handful chopped coriander leaves
- 5-10 mint leaves, chopped.
- Lg. pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Mix all ingredients together and allow to cool for 1 hour.