The Big Boys Curry Book
Kofta Sauce 2
Kofta are meatballs. Typically they are made from ground meat and spices, grilled and then braised in a rich creamy sauce. Here are two variations on a theme.This is a richer and less sharp version than Kofta Sauce #1
- 1 tspn cummin seed
- 1 tspn mustard seed
- 1 tspn sesame seed
- 1/2 tspn onion seed
- 1/2 pint Basic Curry Sauce
- 1 tblspn Basic Curry Powder mixed with water to form dropping paste.
- 5fl oz good thick yoghurt
- 5fl oz cream
- 4 tbslpn Ghee
- Heat ghee and stir fry the 4 whole spices for 1 minute.
- Add curry paste and stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add curry sauce and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add yoghurt, cream and salt to taste and simmer (not boil) for 5 minutes.