The Big Boys Curry Book
Paneer And Chips
This is a great dish to serve with a meat curry. Make your Paneer as instructed in the glossary but leave it under the weight for 2 hours to make it extra firm. This should serve 4 fat lads as an accompaniment.
- 4 pint serving of Paneer
- 1lb (450g) of Chips.
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 8 curry leaves
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. ghee.
- Salt to taste.
- Prepare chips and get them frying. When the first fry has finished and you are waiting for the oil to re-heat start with the rest of the recipe.
- Cut Paneer into chip shapes.
- Heat ghee in wok and add mustard seed. When it starts to crackle add curry leaf and sizzle for 5 seconds then add chillies and salt and reduce heat.
- Add Paneer and fry until golden. Gently turn the pieces so that they colour evenly.
- By now you should be able to return chips to oil to finish off. Do so and remove the Paneer from the heat. Finish off the chips as instructed.
- Return Paneer to heat and add tomato puree and stir to coat evenly. Add chips and stir fry for a minute or two to mix the flavours.
- Check seasoning and serve.