The Big Boys Curry Book
Potato Chilli Fry
This is hot, hot, hot! Serve for 4 people or eat them yourself.
- 12 small new potatoes, cleaned and halved but not peeled.
- 1 tsp. red chillies crushed.
- 4 fresh red or green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cummin seed.
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed.
- 1/2 tsp. crushed coriander seed.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Salt to taste.
- Boil or steam potatoes in/with salted water until cooked but still firm. Do not let them go soft.
- Heat oil in a wok, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add spices and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add potatoes, fresh chillies and fresh coriander. Cover wok, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.