The Big Boys Curry Book
Spiced Nuts, Classic bar room snack food
Spiced nuts are a favourite snack, often given away free when you first sit down at a bar room table in India, especially in the dark Tamil bars. The variation here is only one, you can spice them as you wish.
- 1/2lb peanuts with skins on (i.e. redskins.). Make sure the nuts are fresh, (they should be smooth, not wrinkley, ) and haven't been previously roasted.
- 1 tblspn Garam Masala - Hot Spice blend
- 1 tspn chilli powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- Heat oil in wok, do not allow to smoke.
- Add nuts and stir fry for a few minutes until they start to turn colour
- Add Garam masala, Chilli powder and Salt and stir fry for 30 seconds more and turn out into a serving bowl.
- Allow to cool before serving.