The Big Boys Curry Book
Stir Fry Vegetables, Goan Style
A quick and simple vegetable dish that makes use of the versatile Goan Spice Paste. You can use almost any vegetables as long as they are crunchy ones, but also add some cooked potatoes as they soak up the sauce beautifully. This recipe is fairly loose in terms of quantities so just add more if you need to. It is based on a portion for one person. I like this with roast beef.
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed and halved.
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 medium onion or a small onion chopped finely
- 1 inch fresh ginger cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tbsp. Recheade Masala (Goan Spice Paste)
- Mixture of crunchy vegetables to your liking and appetite. Try french beans, celery, carrot, peppers (capsicums), cauliflower.
- 2 green chillies, cut lengthways
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- Boil potatoes with salt to taste and turmeric.
- Wash, dry and chop all crispy vegetables into bite size pieces
- Heat oil in wok and fry onions until they are golden brown.
- Reduce heat and add Recheade Masala and ginger. Stir fry until a nice aroma comes off.
- Add rest of vegetables, chillies and salt to taste (do not add potatoes) and stir fry thoroughly for 5 minutes
- Add some water, mix and add potatoes. Ensure potatoes are well mixed in. Put a lid over wok, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.